A CLASSIC HAS BECAME DISC.
A cycling wheel optimized for disc braking system. Athon are the perfect synthesis of the must have features that you’ll need from a road racing cycling wheel. Yet selected for training by professional teams which have chosen Ursus, it has stood for reliability in classic races such as the “Strade Bianche”. An aluminum low profile (24 mm) rim, associated with a pair of smooth Ursus CNC machined hubs, makes Athon extremely comfortable, supersoft on roughness, slight uphill and responsive at the same time.
• Material: Clincher rim in alloy 6005 T6 anodizzato nero.
• Height profile: 24 mm, Wide profile: 20 mm
• Rim holes: front 20 holes, rear 24 holes
• Braking surface: Alloy
• Diameter valve hole: 6 mm
• Advised Tires: Tire 28’’ diam. 700×23 and 700×25.
• Rim designation:622 x 14 C
• Front: XD30F – 100X9 Rear: XD30R – 135X10
• Front: thru axle XD30F – QR15 Rear: thru axle XD30R – 142X12
• Front: thru axle XD30F – QR12 Rear: thru axle XD30R – 135X12
• Material: ergal 7075 black anodized hubs with double sealed ball bearings high fluidity SKF.
• Compatibility: Shimano / SRAM / SRAM XD
• Braking system: Disk international standard 6 holes
• Quick Release: WB63 Alloy quick release
MADE IN ITALY QUALITY
• Head Type: bend head
• Nipples: aluminium external type with locking system
• Number of Spokes: 24 front and 24 rear
• Spokes: SAPIM CX-Ray, 16/8 3° crossing disk side/radial – 2° crossing
FRONT WHEEL WEIGHT
REAR WHEEL WEIGHT
URSUS CREATES ITS WHEELS ALWAYS LOOKING TO REACH THE BEST QUALITY ON STRUCTURES AND FINISHINGS: CHECK OUT THE MAIN TECHNOLOGIES INVOLVED
DWS DEEP WELDED SYSTEM
This System allows a perfect resistance to traction, torsion, and tear at the vulnerable point of the wheels rim. The wheels rim is designed in close connection with alloy 50886 H34 and then glued to the hill through the injection of high structural features, according to the process EPX Scotch WEID.
SLN SELF LOCKING NIPPLES
Thanks to the patented self-locking nipples sphere perforated nylon is inserted into the brim of the spoke nipples, This totally eliminates the problem, when decreasing speed, of rays, allowing the wheel to stay centered and tensioned over time.
BBS BALL BEARING SYSTEM
System where four hub bearings are inserted for optimum fluidity. In the area behind the rear wheel hub there are two bearings in a line that restrict the pin from bending. The reduction of the lack eliminates the dispersion of power exerted on the wheel.